My photo
Welcome to our blog. We will be updating it every few days. Chance and I started this photography business because we both have found the art in capturing something for a lifetime. It may sound stupid, but we don't want to waste our lives doing something we don't enjoy. We are going to use the talents our God has given us to embark on an adventure. We are here to live for Christ and to serve you through it. We love taking pictures, meeting new people and playing with our cat.

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Date Night

Chance and I have had "date nights" for the last couple months and it's been incredible. I know you're probably rolling your eyes thinking, 'you don't have kids, every night is a date for you.' Well you're wrong folks. Every married couple knows it's hard to connect all the time when your plate is packed. Anyway, my husband and I have committed to having a date night at least once a week, or three times a month. And for funzies we decided that one date night out of the month has to be a themed night such as pirate night, or hobo night-something where we get to act goofy, or dress up. We thought it was a pretty cool idea. We're excited.

We feel like we need to get in the habit of doing this because it helps us hear each other and be there for each other. We want to be committed to talk about what we could be doing better individually or as a couple. We also want to make this such a habit so if children do come along, we realize that our marriage comes first.

I'm not writing this because I want to brag about how wonderful my husband is because he takes me out on dates,(even though he is pretty amazing), I want to encourage all married couples to do the same. I think whatever way you go about your "date night" it is a great way to connect and it will help you pursue each other.

When we got home from camp on Friday, Chance and I had date night. We went to dinner, and came home and made a full-on fort. We watched a movie and went to bed in our fort like we were 10. It was very nostalgic and we loved being big dorks together.

No comments: